Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now as a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences. We need a paid Unity Developer Intern who can contribute to our new games pipeline and join our diverse, multi-talented team. Our goal with this internship is to bring opportunities to people who are underrepresented in both gaming and tech.
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots , Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Who We’re Looking For
- An energetic, curious, fast-learning intern who works well in a collaborative environment.
- Someone able to work 4-5 days a week (your choice) during the 2021 summer semester.
- Someone who’s able to and open to the idea of coming into our NYC office when it's safe to do so.
- Someone who’s preferably in their 2nd-4th year of undergraduate studies, or who is a recent grad.
- Some game engine experience — Unity is a strong plus.
- Some programming experience — C# is a strong plus.
- Some source control experience — git is a strong plus.
- Some display of programming work/projects/portfolio/code samples/coursework. (These can greatly supplement the above three points.)
- Strong opinions about mobile casual puzzle games is a requirement (playing and loving any of our Dots games is a plus).
Things You Might Be Doing
Availability of project opportunities will vary come summertime. They will all focus on development in an existing studio project, not designing a game from the ground up. Examples of things that you might be working on are:
- Polishing visuals and UX with the help of a visual designer in one of our upcoming games.
- Helping develop variations of live ops events for an upcoming game.
- Assisting with client-side testing and improvement of backend features for an upcoming game.
- Developing a prototype for an experimental meta-game feature, or transposing game elements from one prototype to another.
What You'll Get Out Of This Internship
- A hands-on look into the inner workings of a medium-sized mobile game studio
- Experience collaborating closely with game artists, game designers, and game programmers
- Experience with our flavor of prototyping and/or the process of preparing a new game for release.
Benefits & Salary
As an intern here at Dots you’ll have these benefits:
- $15/hour wage
- Monthly $20 stipend for game In App Purchases
- 401k contributions
- Regular company outings/Zoom parties for team building
- Active Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion groups at Dots and Take-Two
- Daily catered in-office lunches
- And more...
If this role sounds interesting to you, we’d love to learn more about you and your experience!