Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now as a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences. We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our diverse, multi-talented team: a deep analytical thinker with great intuition that can translate product experiences and marketing efforts into business metrics (and vice versa).
This role will be part of the data team and will work with product stakeholders responsible for finding new opportunities for audience and revenue growth. Candidates should have a strong interest in data, analyzing human behavior, and be perpetually curious about what can improve the business.
The ideal candidate has strong experience working with large data sets, is highly competent with SQL and other data visualization tools, communicates well and has an inherent interest in games. Familiarity with the puzzle and other casual genres, including the systems that power those games, is a strong plus.
The candidate can expect to work very closely with the Product, User Acquisition and Data teams to analyze performance, communicate and evangelize findings, and engage in debate on decisions we will make to grow the business.
- Understand F2P business models and underlying KPIs
- Conduct quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights that impact revenue, retention, and reach
- Collaborate with the User Acquisition team to identify successful acquisition campaigns and increase efficiency of our marketing spend
- Work with Product/Game teams to analyze the impact of new features and the state of the business in order to inform prioritization of features and initiatives that will grow player LTV
- Help design and implement A/B tests to gain valuable insights on player behavior and KPI’s
- Create dashboards in tools like Tableau for stakeholder consumption
- Prepare and present regular updates on metrics and trends
- Highly proficient in SQL and Excel; proficiency in Python a plus
- Experience with BI tools for creating dashboards and visualizations (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with modern data warehouses
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills with the ability to translate qualitative considerations into quantitative discussions
- Strong prior experience delivering insights to stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good business and product intuition
- A passion and knowledge for video games, particularly mobile free to play titles
- Authorization to work in the United States
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots , Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Here at Dots we offer a suite of benefits, including:
- Annual company retreat
- Regular company outings for team building
- Active Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion groups at Dots and Take-Two
- 100% health insurance coverage for you and your family (medical, dental and vision)
- One Medical membership
- HSA and FSA accounts
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary caregivers
- 401k contributions
- Student loan assistance program