Dots is an independent mobile game studio based in NYC that creates unique games with thoughtful design. We have released three hit titles (Dots, Two Dots, and Dots & Co) with over 100 million downloads and with more projects on the horizon, we are looking to add to our diverse and talented team.
We are looking for an exceptional 2D Unity Animator to help out on one of the most beloved features of Two Dots: Scavenger Hunts.
This is a Contract role for 6 months (there may be an opportunity to extend the contract) starting in November/December 2020. Please only apply if you are available for the expected contract length. Note: our office is in New York City, but we are currently working remotely and are open to remote contractors.
- Work alongside the Two Dots creative team that create and implement Two Dots Scavenger Hunts.
- Collaborate with the greater cross-functional Two Dots team and report to the Associate Art Director on Two Dots.
- Be responsible for importing, animating and optimizing Scavenger Hunt scenes in Unity.
We will be a great match if you:
- Are fluent in Unity 2D / 3D.
- Are experienced in 2D animations.
- Have a sharp eye for precise, pixel perfect animations.
- Have good knowledge of mobile optimization best practices.
- Have excellent communication skills – ability to follow direction and collaborate with others.
- Have basic knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator and file exporting best practices.
- Are a quick learner in a fast paced environment.
We look forward to seeing examples of past experience in at least two of the following:
- 2D animation work – motion graphics, particles, characters, etc.
- 3D modeling work (Maya, Modo, Cinema 4D or equivalent).
- Experience in creating shaders for Unity.
- Experience optimizing scenes for mobile games in Unity.
- BA / BFA in Digital Art, BS in Computer Science, or equivalent 2-4 years minimum work experience in the field.
- You love games and are excited about Two Dots!
Note: We are a small team reviewing a large volume of portfolios and applicants. Thank you for your patience!