We are looking for a thoughtful engineering leader to guide the TwoDots Unity team to the next level of success.
Dots is an award-winning independent mobile game studio based in New York City. We create thoughtfully designed games that are beloved by people around the world. With over 75 million downloads and more projects on the horizon, our diverse and talented team is expanding.
The role requires a mix of hands-on mobile application, game development and delivery experience along with comprehensive technical knowledge of global-scale mobile games architecture and related services. The best candidates will have exceptional leadership qualities enabling them to communicate with, inspire, mentor, and align a diverse team of engineers with varying levels of experience and take great interest in modern software development methodologies, tools and processes.
If you find joy in fast-paced environments, solving engineering challenges on a global scale, building powerful game architectures to take on industry leading competitors, setting up processes that make teams run like a well oiled machine and helping individual developers to grow their career we would love to talk to you.
- Be “the voice” for the TwoDots Unity team at Dots and serve as the team’s ambassador to other teams and departments
- Identify business opportunities and help define technical vision for the TwoDots game and the mobile engineering team
- Foster engineering culture and practices to create scalable, well architected solutions to client side problems
- Enable high pace of features delivery while controlling for technical debt and high end engineering quality
- Cultivate the environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership, belonging and accountability
- Foster learning and growth of individuals on the team and their respective careers
- Conduct performance reviews and regular one on ones with your team members
- Nurture and guide the technical quality of project milestones while persistently assessing emerging technologies
- Guide the TwoDots Unity team in setting up processes and defining variables, constraints, and outputs for technical and game design roadmaps
- Be a TwoDots engineering point of contact for different technical partners and vendors
- Continue growing mobile engineering team through recruiting high performing engineers
- Act as CTO sounding board and trusted technical adviser
- 3+ years experience managing and growing a mobile or game development team
- Experience with both iOS and Android native development is a strong plus
- 8+ years of experience as a hands on software engineer, 3+ years of Unity / mobile game development experience.
- Experience developing and launching games globally is a strong plus.
- Expertise in mobile game architecture
- Experience developing a strategy and roadmap for your teams, running API's in production
- Experience managing large scale systems with large and varied legacy code bases (SDKs/APIs/Libraries/Plugins)
- Strong understanding of mobile app SDLC, CI/CD pipelines and tools, such as Jenkins and Git
- Excellent understanding of mobile engineering quality principles, tooling and processes
- Experience with on device performance optimization is a strong plus
- Experience developing highly instrumented analytics based mobile products or games
- Excellent understanding of modern leadership and management principles
- Experience managing off-shore resources is a strong plus