Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now as a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences. We are looking for a reliable, passionate, and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our diverse, multi-talented team.
We have big plans for our current hit game Two Dots, and even more exciting new things in the pipeline! We're searching for a strong engineer who loves solving hard problems and has a passion to participate in the whole process, from idea to prototype to release to live ops.
Engineers on Two Dots have the opportunity to have a direct impact on the game and create features for millions of users. You will work intimately with both product managers and game designers to bring features and concepts to life. Our development workflow demands that developers work across the spectrum of the front end stack, as well as collaborate with our backend and data teams.
- Leading and implementing large-scale features in Two Dots, ideally writing code that can be re-used for other studio projects
- Architecting comprehensive solutions to complex live problems
- Discerning and solving holistic, big picture issues
- Creating internal tools or improving processes to ease our team's burdens and increase efficiency
- Maintaining and improving the quality of Two Dots to ensure our players always have a great experience
- Provide thoughtful and thorough code review
- 5+ years of client engineering experience, preferably in game development or mobile applications
- C# and Unity Game Engine experience is strongly preferred, and native Android or iOS experience is a plus
- Worked with backend engineers on building complex client/server features, or completed full stack features yourself
- Compassionate team player with strong culture of giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Worked with product and design teams on iterating broad features
- Written scalable and easily maintainable code
- Specced, built and maintained internal tools and plugins
- Integrated, maintained, or created SDKs enabling new features and functionality
- Experience working with QA and owning defects to resolution
- Inspired to learn new skills, ideas, and technologies and spread the knowledge to the rest of the team
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots , Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Here at Dots we offer a suite of benefits, including:
- Annual company retreat
- Regular company outings for team building
- Active Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion groups at Dots and Take-Two
- 100% health insurance coverage for you and your family (medical, dental and vision)
- One Medical membership
- HSA and FSA accounts
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary caregivers
- 401k contributions
- Student loan assistance program
- Discounts with CitiBike + Class Pass memberships
- And more...