About the Team
DoorDash Kitchens offers restaurants a fast and capital-light way to expand their reach through our takeout-focused kitchens. We offer a suite of services, from kitchen memberships to full service operations; serving both local and scaled national partners. DoorDash Kitchens aims to bring new, diverse, and high-quality food options to every neighborhood.
About the Role
DoorDash Kitchens is looking for a people-focused trainer that excels in fast-paced, remote environments and is excited to roll up their sleeves and lead from the front. In this role, you’ll be helping us build our newest licensing model. You'll administer new Merchant Host training and ongoing Quality Audits for our portfolio of concepts - with the support of our Development Chef and Operations Support team.
- New Store Launches Field Training - Work hands-on with our Host Partners to administer training & support in the field, ensuring all managers and cooks are properly executing our recipes and following procedures.
- Ongoing Quality Auditing - Perform ongoing Host partnership visits and audits to ensure Hosts maintain consistent high-quality operations.
Compensation: $65,004 - $85,000
You’re excited about this opportunity because you...
- Are passionate about working with people and love to be hands-on training with culinary teams
- Love helping improve operations and contributing ideas to improve our training quality and onboarding experience based on data and an ever-evolving business.
- Are passionate about partnering with restaurants to help grow their businesses
- Have the ability to perform audits and compile & communicate feedback in an effort to improve culinary and operational quality.
- Love to build processes, playbooks, and can adjust training materials and methods to accommodate onboarding needs.
We’re excited about you because…
- You're self-motivated, positive, and a team player. You work well with others, but also excel in roles with little oversight - relying on your own drive and self-discipline.
- You're scrappy. You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done whether it's digging into a new process to determine how best to communicate it to Host Partners or helping troubleshoot a technical issue.
- You have 3+ years of experience cooking and managing in a high-volume kitchen environment including fast-casual, QSR, and from-scratch restaurants
- You have 2+ years of experience in a field training or training development role, ideally with a restaurant group.
- You have a knack for organization and are proficient in Google Docs/Sheets. You are a data-driven decision maker who is comfortable compiling your findings in documentation that can be shared with the broader team.
- You are willing to travel and be on-site in dynamic restaurant environments
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.