About the Team
DashMart is a new team at DoorDash focused on building a new type of convenience store, offering both household essentials and local restaurant favorites to our customers' doorsteps.
About the Role
DashMart is looking for a people-focused trainer that excels in fast-paced, remote environments and is excited to roll up their sleeves and lead from the front (of a camera). In this role you will be training the newest members of our new DashMart warehouse locations. You'll engage new hires each week, ensure they are set up for success, and help us improve and iterate on our training processes.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- People Management
- Schedule the team to cover the highest need launches
- Maintain weekly 1:1s
- Provide feedback to direct reports, partner with cross functional partners to identify areas of improvement
- Coach team members on balancing between active launches and remote working weeks.
- Coach your team to build documentation as launches continue to scale.
- Travel as needed to support management and growth of team members.
- Process improvement
- Develop tools and processes for project management to maintain organization as launches scale.
- Maintain documentation with up to date launch process and ensure cross functional partners retain the latest and greatest standard operating procedures.
- Surface and identify gaps in the launch process
- Work cross functionally with our construction, inventory, local, core launch / real estate, network engineering and recruiting teams to surface gaps and support the launch process from lease signing to one week post-launch.
- DashMart Training Team Support
- Work closely with DashMart Training Team to ensure consistent onboarding of new DashMart team members.
- Update training materials when new processes are implemented.
- Work closely with the DashMart Training Team to continue to improve and develop material on a regular cadence.
- Travel to launches where necessary and stay up to date on all of the latest processes
- Track and hold team members accountable for the success and learnings from each launch.
- Build relationships with Local Operators to identify process deviations and work together to create consistent practices as much as possible.
- Work closely with Local Operators to develop local timelines for signed leases and provide advice for timelines on areas identified as potential launch markets.
- Work closely with the Launch team to ensure all utilized information sources are current.
- Work with and hold cross-functional teams accountable when launch team members are missing information or support.
We're excited about you because…
- Must have strong ownership mentality
- Must have proficiency with spreadsheets
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.