About the Team:
Emerging Categories is a new, fast paced and growing team at DoorDash. We're building and scaling new ways to delight our customers leveraging the DoorDash platform. The Emerging Categories Operations team is focused on delivering industry leading delivery fulfillment experience for new consumer products and services on DoorDash.
About the Role:
You will support hourly and daily quality management and support across our Marketplace and Corporate Catering programs - a growing space within DoorDash. You will execute and provide feedback on standard operating procedures, master internal tools, and interact with customers, merchants, and Dashers on a regular basis. Your work will be critical to Emerging Categories operations as you work to detect fulfillment challenges before they become widespread and persistent. You will be an active contributor to helping launch new pilot initiatives, as we test and build this business.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work directly to scale one of DoorDash’s newest and most exciting set of products
- Build and shape what success will look like for the Emerging Categories Specialist team and daily operations
- Give input and improvement suggestions to multiple new and developing processes
Your responsibilities as part of your scope include but are not limited to:
- Monitor hourly and daily operations playbook process adherence
- Use internal tools to proactively and reactively solve problems
- Support and provide coaching to team as they reach out to customers, merchants, and Dashers through phone, text, or chat
- Create documentation for processes to support specific experiments and initiatives to improve delivery quality
- Support new operational processes and pilots
We're excited about you because…
You have experience as a leader in one of these industries: field operations (including military experience), logistics, fulfillment, or administrative / facilities roles. You have a passion for customer service and are ready for a new challenge.
- You want to work cross-functionally with other employees and teams that you may not have worked with before
- You have a strong understanding of Google Sheets/Excel formulas and like finding ways to simplify working with large amounts of data
- You have a strong commitment to building and supporting a trusting team culture; relying on your teammates for help and guidance, and providing insight when they need it
- You may be required to work any day of the week and some holidays, across daily operating hours
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.