About the role
We’re looking for a people-focused leader and experienced operations specialist to lead one of our DashMart facilities. DashMart is a new convenience and grocery store from DoorDash, focused on delivering household essentials, favorite snacks, and light groceries right to our customers’ doorsteps on-demand. In this role, you’ll manage one of our 5-10k sq ft grocery/convenience warehouses, the local warehouse operating team, and be responsible for ensuring we maintain high quality for our customers.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Lead: Recruit, lead, coach & retain a high-performing team of Shift Leads (3+) and Operations Associates (6+). Set your team up for success to work safely and productively. As a leader, you will be responsible for building a strong, positive culture and will be accountable for driving strong employee satisfaction scores. You’ll partner with your Shift Leads to effectively delegate daily tasks and ensure high performance from your team.
- Own: You will own the day-to-day operations of one of our DashMart warehouses, ensuring the site processes run smoothly, efficiently and safely. You’ll own scheduling and be responsible for managing a labor budget. You will be responsible for ensuring your warehouse meets site-level metric goals.
- Delight customers: Lead your team in providing our customers with the best possible experience on each and every order. You will be responsible for maintaining key quality metrics including order accuracy and fulfillment speed. Work cross-functionally with central teams including our inventory and training teams to provide your team with the tools and resources to achieve this goal.
- Strategize: Use data to identify pain points or areas of inefficiency within our warehouse and current processes. Design, build and execute process improvement projects to improve our warehouse operations, quality metrics, and the employee experience.
We're excited about you because...
- You’re a proven leader. You have managed high-performance teams of 10+ employees
- You act like an owner. You do what it takes to support a 24/7 business across multiple shifts. You’re excited to have ownership over a new and rapidly growing business.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments. You are a data-first problem solver and you have experience using Excel or Google Sheets to analyze data, including using basic formulas and creating pivot tables.
- You have 3+ years’ experience: In Operations, Warehouse Logistics, Retail Management, Fulfillment, or related field
- You have 1+ years of experience managing a team
- You have a college degree, or relevant professional work experience
- You have flexibility in your schedule. As the leader of the site, you will need to ensure your team and the site is fully supported, requiring some late night and weekend availability.
Base Pay Range: $73079 - $85975 / year + equity
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.