About the Team
DashMart is a new team at DoorDash focused on building a new type of convenience store, offering both household essentials and local restaurant favorites to our customers' doorsteps.
About the Role
DashMart is looking for a people-focused trainer that excels in fast-paced, remote environments and is excited to roll up their sleeves and lead from the front (of a camera). In this role you will be training the newest members of our new DashMart warehouse locations. You'll engage new hires each week, ensure they are set up for success, and help us improve and iterate on our training processes.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Training and coaching. Train new hires (both Associates and Managers) on operational processes and give them the confidence to run the full operation. Be a culture setter for new hires and set the tone for DoorDash. Continue to support DashMart employees through office hours and continuing education. Adjust training materials and methods to accommodate onboarding needs and help keep attendees engaged.
- Help improve operations. Contribute ideas and create additional content to improve our training quality and onboarding experience based on data and an ever evolving business. Make recommendations to the central team on how to improve future onboarding and continuing education. Conduct follow up interviews and office hours to ensure our content remains relevant.
- Assist with day-to-day tasks. Ensure new hires have everything they need in order to successfully complete their onboarding training. You will support central and local teams for ongoing training, product rollouts, and communications.
We're excited about you because…
- You're self-motivated, positive, and a team player. You work well with others, and you bring a great attitude to your work each and every day. You have high integrity and are excited to delight customers.
- You're scrappy. You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done whether it's digging into a new process to determine how best to communicate it to new hires or helping troubleshoot a technical issue.
- You're a proven leader. You have conducted training and succeeded in high-performance cultures such as tech, retail, restaurant, or warehouse environments.
- You're organized and proficient in Google Docs and Google Sheets. You are a data-driven decision maker who is comfortable compiling your findings in documentation that can be shared with the broader team.
- You are able to present weekly. You are ready to be on camera and engage new hires with passion and excitement regularly. You are excited about building this business and creating an environment where our newest team members feel prepared and can be successful.
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, 401k, transit and parking benefits, fertility coverage, $75 USD monthly wellness reimbursement, and unlimited vacation/sick day policy.
- Compensation for the position is between $50K - $60K with equity opportunities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in training, warehouse management, and / or retail
- Must have strong ownership mentality
- Must have proficiency with spreadsheets
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills
Base Pay Range: $52743 - $83950 / year (compensation varies by geography)
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.