About the Team
We're looking for a Senior Manager of Strategy & Operations to help build and shape the future of DoorDash within the Consumer Value & Pricing team.
At DoorDash we're building the world's leading marketplace for on-demand delivery and we believe that to accomplish this we'll need to disrupt ourselves a few times along the way. This is a unique opportunity to help shape a fast-growing, global brand, and improve the future of e-commerce in the U.S.
About the Role
In this Senior Manager role, you will report into the Director of Consumer Value & Pricing within the Strategy & Operations organization. You will be responsible for defining and refining pricing strategies to make DoorDash the most consumer friendly and valuable app for all things delivery and beyond.
You will manage large, cross-functional pricing initiatives. You will be responsible for multi-million dollar P&L actions. You will own coordination across product, analytics, marketing, and finance to bring projects from 0-1 and 1-100. You will influence at the executive level. You will be directly responsible for some of the highest impact initiatives in the company.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize - Develop the best path for DoorDash to pursue excellence in on-demand delivery, identify the trends that emerge and know when to double down and when to try something new.
- Experiment - Use data-driven insights and business expertise to run tests on everything from optimizing prices based on Cx value preferences to testing new pricing features.
- Build – You are excited to try new things - your job will include strategizing new price / value tradeoffs and building pricing levers from the ground up.
- Analyze – Assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, iterate given insights from data and use them to make daily decisions.
- Collaborate – Partner with teams including operations, product, engineering, finance, analytics, and marketing to achieve our goals.
- Operate – Develop projects from 0 to 1 and 1 to 100.
We’re excited about you because…
- You love thinking about problems from a fundamental approach, and don't resort to lazy "this is how it's always been done" thinking.
- You want to shape the direction of the company while improving the individual experiences of our consumers.
- You excel in an energizing environment.
- You look for opportunities to better your work product and lead the outcome – both the good and the bad.
- You influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of teams.
- You back decisions up with data and facts.
- You have 6+ years of experience in consulting, banking, strategy, operations, technology, analytics, or a related field.
- You have 2+ years of direct management experience.
- You have experience owning consumer pricing constructs and pricing optimization.
- You have experience leading projects, gaining cross-vertical alignment, and hitting goals.
- You have technical experience conducting complex analysis, building large-scale models, and creating forecasts.
- You are a strong partner with experience running meetings and work streams with cross-functional senior leadership.
- You have advanced Excel skills and SQL knowledge.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.