About the Team
The DoorDash Kitchens team is a part of DoorDash's New Delivery Models and launches and operates shared 'dark kitchens' for restaurateurs looking to grow their business. This is a small but mighty team helping scale DoorDash Kitchens.
About the Role
You'll cook multiple culinary concepts and manage the daily operations of our first DoorDash operated kitchen. You will ensure that food orders are cooked and fulfilled to the highest standard, while supporting broader operations through ordering and inventory. You will lead multiple cooks in the kitchen to make sure they are successful, operating with quality and speed while maintaining food safety compliance. You will report to the Kitchen Manager.
- Culinary Execution. Cook and expedite orders overseeing the day to day culinary operations
- Shift Supervision. Oversee and lead line cooks, prep cooks, and dishwashers while on their shift ensuring food quality, health and safety of the kitchen facility and overall
- Administration Support the Kitchen manager to take inventory, place orders with vendors, develop prep lists and other administrative tasks to support the overall success of the operation
You’re excited about this opportunity because you...
- Are cuisine-curious and love to cook across multiple culinary concepts
- Love to build processes and see a plan in action
- Are passionate about cooking consistently from a playbook
- Want to work in new restaurant models including delivery-only environments
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 4 years or more experience cooking and managing in a high volume kitchen environment including fast-casual, QSR, and from-scratch restaurants
- You have 1 years of experience supervising a team including scheduling
- You have a ServeSafe Managers License and have meticulous cleanliness standards
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.