We’re looking for a people-focused leader and experienced operations specialist to lead one of our DashMart facilities. DashMart is a new convenience and grocery store from DoorDash, focused on delivering household essentials, favorite snacks, and light groceries right to our customers’ doorsteps on-demand. In this role, you’ll manage one of our 5-10k sq ft grocery/convenience warehouses, the local warehouse operating team, and be responsible for ensuring we maintain high quality for our customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead: Recruit, lead, coach & retain a high-performing team of Shift Leads (3+) and Operations Associates (6+). Set your team up for success to work safely and productively. As a leader, you will be responsible for building a strong, positive culture and will be accountable for driving strong employee satisfaction scores. You’ll partner with your Shift Leads to effectively delegate daily tasks and ensure high performance from your team.
- Own: You will own the day-to-day operations of one of our DashMart warehouses, ensuring the site processes run smoothly, efficiently and safely. You’ll own scheduling and be responsible for managing a labor budget. You will be responsible for ensuring your warehouse meets site-level metric goals.
- Delight customers: Lead your team in providing our customers with the best possible experience on each and every order. You will be responsible for maintaining key quality metrics including order accuracy and fulfillment speed. Work cross-functionally with central teams including our inventory and training teams to provide your team with the tools and resources to achieve this goal.
- Strategize: Use data to identify pain-points or areas of inefficiency within our warehouse and current processes. Design, build and execute process improvement projects to improve our warehouse operations, quality metrics, and the employee experience.
- You’re a proven leader. You have managed high-performance teams of 10+ employees
- You act like an owner. You do what it takes to support a 24/7 business across multiple shifts. You’re excited to have ownership over a new and rapidly growing business.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments. You are a data-first problem solver and you have experience using Excel or Google Sheets to analyze data, including using basic formulas and creating pivot tables.
- You have 3+ years’ experience: In Operations, Warehouse Logistics, Retail Management, Fulfillment, or related field
- You have 1+ years of experience managing a team
- You have a bachelor’s or associate’s degree
- You have flexibility in your schedule. As the leader of the site, you will need to ensure your team and the site is fully supported, requiring some late night and weekend availability.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.