About the Team
DashCorps Services is looking for a leader who can comfortably navigate ambiguity while spearheading a growing, highly scalable initiative. The Operations Manager is responsible for managing Fleet Supervisors, Fleet Specialists and Couriers to ensure team morale is high while meeting / exceeding key metrics. To that end, the Operations Manager plays a pivotal role in setting the standards for the Fleet Team and envisioning new and exciting ways to push towards optimal operational performance. We’re looking for a people-focused leader and experienced operations specialist to lead the courier operations at one of our DashMart facilities.
About the Role
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of Fleet Supervisor, Specialists and Couriers and ensuring that the on-site Fleet operations at our DashMart warehouse are performing to standards. By working closely with the Dashmart team and other cross-functional teams such as Strategy & Operations, you will play a critical role in setting standards and executing on new initiatives to help drive sustainable growth and more efficient operational processes. If you love leading teams and working in a fast paced, start-up environment, have management and data analysis experience, and are excited to build strong relationships with our Fleet Supervisors, Specialists and Couriers, we’d love to have you join as our Operations Manager.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead: Recruit, lead, coach and retain a Fleet Team comprised of Fleet Supervisors, Fleet Specialists and Couriers and ensure we hire / schedule enough Couriers to meet demand. Set your team up for success to work safely and productively. As a leader, you will be responsible for building a strong, positive culture and will be accountable for driving strong employee satisfaction scores. You’ll partner with your Fleet Supervisors and Specialists to effectively delegate daily tasks and ensure high performance from your team.
- Own: You will own the day-to-day courier operations at one of our DashMart warehouses, ensuring the site processes run smoothly, efficiently and safely. You’ll own scheduling and be responsible for managing the site’s P&L. You will be responsible for ensuring your courier fleet meets site-level metric goals.
- Delight customers: Lead your team in providing our customers with the best possible experience on each and every order. You will be responsible for maintaining key quality metrics including order handoff and delivery speed. Work cross-functionally with central teams and third-party vendors to provide your team with the tools and resources to achieve this goal.
- Strategize: Leverage data analytics and visualization tools to identify pain-points or areas of inefficiency within our current processes. Design, build and execute process improvement projects to improve our courier operations, quality metrics, and the employee experience.
We’re excited about you because you have…
- Managed high-performance teams of 10+ employees
- Have demonstrated strong team leadership and the ability to foster successful relationships
- An ownership mentality. You do what it takes to support a 24/7 business across multiple shifts. You’re excited to have ownership over a new and rapidly growing business.
- The creativity to conceive unique and effective projects to improve operational efficiency
- You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking
- A drive to succeed and contribute to a relatively new and exciting initiative. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- The ability to adapt to different situations and make quick, effective decisions under high pressure (bike maintenance knowledge is a plus)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An analytical mindset. You let data win arguments. You are a data-first problem solver and you have experience using Excel or Google Sheets to analyze data, including using basic formulas and creating pivot tables.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a human-oriented field (Business, Communications, Psychology, or similar domain), or equivalent operations experience, is a plus
- Prior experience in operations, project management, human resources (HR), communications/public relations, data science, etc
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau, SQL) is a plus
- Flexibility in your schedule. As the leader of the site, you will need to ensure your team and the site is fully supported, requiring some late night and weekend availability.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.