About the Team
The New Verticals team is part of DoorDash's new exciting programs. As DoorDash grows to be a market leader in on-demand restaurant delivery, the opportunity is clear for new horizons and new products to expand this leadership. New Verticals Catalog is at the forefront of the logistical response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and this team is on the cutting edge of this new product. Our catalogs experts will shape and inform the process of building inventory catalogs for some of our most valued grocery partners as they expand their footprint in this new offering across the country. You will create and launch menus on our new interface that is better for the Customers and the Merchants. With this team, you'll work with convenience stores, grocers, liquor stores and more!
About the Role
The New Verticals team is divided into 2 sub-teams.On the Catalog team, you will work with large amounts of inventory data provided by our new grocery and convenience partners to best prepare them for launch on the platform. You will oversee and collaborate on catalog building and process development and improvement. You'll become an expert in our Grocery product taxonomy and how to make a large amount of inventory data fit with our pre-existing layout to make shopping convenient and fun for DoorDash Consumers.You will work with the Onboarding team, your sister team, to onboard the Merchants you're creating catalog for.
- Please note: You will be temporary remote through 2021.
- The schedule might include a weekend day and will be 9am-5pm.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work directly with one of DoorDash's newest and most exciting products
- Navigate large amount of data and use G-sheet formula to create catalogs for our Merchants
- Give input and improvement suggestions to multiple new and developing processes
- Help scope plans for other New Verticals soon to come to the team and the company
We're excited about you because…
- You're self-sufficient and self-motivated; you don't like micro-management and you prefer to chart your own path to complete your work
- You love projects and enjoy seeing something through start to finish and overseeing every aspect of it along the way
- You have a strong understanding of Google Sheets/Excel formulas and like finding ways to simplify working with large amounts of data
- You want to work cross-functionally with other employees and teams that you may not have worked with before
- You have a strong commitment to building and supporting a trusting team culture; relying on your teammates for help and guidance, and providing insight when they need it, is your strong suit
- You have 1+ years of experience in a reporting/data entry role
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.