We are looking for a Strategic Restaurant Account Executive for the Outside Sales team to establish partnerships with our Premium merchants across the Southeast region.
About the role
The key to DoorDash’s growth is merchant selection. The more premium merchants we add to DoorDash, the faster we will add new customers, the better we will retain existing customers, and the higher our conversion rates will be for customers visiting our app or website.
With the acquisition of Caviar, this selection has expanded into the Premium segment. This covers local favorites as well as high ticket merchants with James Beard Awards or Michelin Stars. From a brand equity and growth standpoint, these merchants help us create a bespoke off premise experience for customers while helping us learn about the problems our nation’s top chefs encounter and build products and services that solve those challenges.
This role will prospect, meet with, and close partnerships with these merchants, collaborate with partner teams to enable a white glove onboarding experience, sell new products and services to them, and share learnings about their pain points with leadership to help develop solutions to solve those pain points.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Partner with integral premium merchants by helping them understand the value of DoorDash and Caviar’s full suite of services (e.g. Marketplace, DoorDash Drive, POS Integration, Item Limits, etc.).
- Master our service offerings — address merchant issues by solving problems and applying product knowledge to win deals
- Lead complex negotiations to structure industry-leading and mutually beneficial economic terms
- Accelerate a highly organized sales cycle with the goal of closing deals within a few weeks
- Collaborate cross functionally — work with our Senior Strategic Sales Managers, Partner Management, as well central functions (Strategy, Drive, POS, and Marketing) to extract the most value possible from our top accounts
We’re excited about you because you...
- Embody DoorDash values
- Demonstrate work-related skill needed for the role
- Solve problems with your solutions-oriented mindset
- Take initiative and focus on outcomes
- Communicate clearly and listen to understand
- Solicit feedback to welcome personal change and share constructive feedback
- Support the building and retention of a diverse team
- Contribute to a “brave space” where one is not punished or humiliated for speaking up with ideas, questions, concerns or mistakes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3 or more years of sales experience; ideally selling within the culinary space
- Accelerate your sales cycle with the goal of closing deals within a few weeks
- Develop and adopt new ways to gain access, build trust, overcome objections, and create urgency
- Share on-the-ground insights with sales leadership and operations team
- Mentor teammates on how to be the best version of themselves after establishing yourself in the role
- Your sales tactics are creative as you engage with prospects
- 2 or more years of experience using sales tools like Salesforce CRM, Google Apps, Outreach