Operations Manager, DashMart - New Verticals
We’re looking for a people-focused leader and experienced operations specialist, to lead some of our new DashMart facilities. New Verticals is a new, lean team at DoorDash. We’re building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead: recruit, lead, coach & retain a high-performing team of Supervisors (4+ direct reports) and Operations Associates (30+ indirect reports). As a leader, you are a culture carrier. The tone starts with you.
- Own: From first principles, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of 2-4 DashMart locations, ensuring all site processes run smoothly, efficiently and safely.
- Strategize: by designing, building and executing process improvement projects to drive operational efficiencies and employee experience
- Delight customers: Work cross-functionally with central teams to ensure your site offers customers the best experience on each and every order and provide your team with the tools, resources and support needed to achieve these goals.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments. You are a data-first problem solver with excellent Excel / data analysis skills.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what
- You’re a proven leader. You have led & managed teams of 15+ employees
- You act like an owner. You do what it takes to support a 24/7 business across multiple shifts.
- You have a 4 year college degree
- You have 3+ years’ experience: In Operations, Consulting, Strategy or related field
- You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have a demonstrated interest in logistics, on-demand services, and marketplaces.
- You have operational experience in logistics and/or warehousing
- You have built and trained high performing teams
- You have familiarity with SQL
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.