This is a Part Time position with the potential to grow into a Full Time role.
DashMart is a store made possible by DoorDash. Customers order their convenience items in the DoorDash app, and our Warehouse Associates pick and pack those orders in a real, brick-and-mortar convenience store.
Shifts: Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend , Part-Time and Full-Time
What You’ll be Doing
- Picking and Packing orders. Pick orders that come through the app, pack the order and hand off to our drivers.
- Inventory and Spoilage Management. Stock receivables and manage inventory, including shelf life.
- Warehouse Organization. Clean and organize the warehouse.
- Delight Customers. Ensuring substitutions are approved with the customer.
Why you’re excited about us
- Competitive pay (10pm-6am will even receive a $2 increase in pay)
- Health benefits starting day 1 for full-time employees
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $75/month)
- Paid time off (PTO) and sick leave
- Career advancement opportunities
- SmartSpend plus discount program for goods and services (including several cell phone discount plans)
- DoorDash gives back (https://blog.doordash.com/)
- Being a part of a new concept business and helping to build it
- New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination will receive a $100 incentive (payable within 30 days from date of proof)
We’re excited about you because
- You’re self-motivated, positive, and a team player
- You have a proven track record of success in a retail environment
- You’re able to be on your feet and handle warehouse duties including lifting up to 40 pounds (with or without accommodations).
- You have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
DashMart stocks everything from convenience store and grocery store essentials to specialty, artisanal food items. We partner with everyone from big brands everyones’ familiar with to local craftspeople and chefs that maybe only the locals know.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection