We’re looking for motivated individuals who love delighting customers and thrive in fast-paced, physical environments.
About the Team
DoorDash Essentials is a big bet to bring our customers everything they need at home – not just restaurant food – to their doors as fast as possible. Warehouse Associates are the backbone of our operations, and are responsible for receiving product, picking, packing, and staging orders, and warehouse day-to-day organization and cleaning.
About the Role
- Receiving. Receive stock from partners, verify that shipments are accurate and free of damage, and resolve inaccuracies.
- Stocking. Place received stock in the appropriate locations throughout warehouse.
- Processing Orders. Picking, packing, and staging. Accurately pick items in customers’ orders, pack items in bags, and prepare bags for handoff to couriers.
- Warehouse Organization. Conduct inventory counts, clean and organize warehouse, manage spoilage processes, and help do whatever it takes to delight our customers with a high-quality experience.
- Testing New Initiatives. Participate in testing of new business concepts and experimental projects.
- Help improve operations. Contribute ideas to improve our quality and customer experience.
We’re excited about you because…
- You’re self-motivated, positive, and a team player. You work well with others, and you bring a great attitude to your work each and every day. You have high integrity and are excited to delight customers.
- You have a proven track record of success in a warehouse, retail, or restaurant environment.
- You’re able to be on your feet, and move heavy product. You are excited and physically able to lift up to 40 lbs, with or without accommodation, and can operate a pallet jack and hand truck.
- You have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. A college diploma is bonus points.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You’re organized and proficient in Google Docs and Google Sheets.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.