Front of House Shift Supervisor
What we’re doing
DoorDash is building innovative kitchen formats that cater to the on-demand economy. These are kitchens tailored to off-premise (delivery, catering, pick-up, etc) with a minimum storefront. Our goal is to create the future of food delivery with a faster service and higher quality.
Who you are
You have experience as a leader in one of these industries: food and beverage, hospitality, or logistics/fulfillment in front-of-the house or administrative/facilities roles. You have a passion for customer service and are ready for a new challenge: to reinvent the kitchen for the modern age! You always believe there’s a better way and never settle for mediocre service or product. You are humble and professional and are excited to be a supervisor and dive deeper into our kitchens technology.
What You’ll Do
- Training and coaching: Make sure your team is set up for success to work safely and productively. Assess associate work performance and provide detailed feedback. Build an amazing work culture. Organize schedules, approve timecards, update training manuals and standard operating procedures.
- Facility Management. Monitor supplier deliveries, manage regular cleaning and maintenance schedules.
- Delight Customers. Make sure customer’s orders get delivered smoothly by maintaining menus and systems, communicating with customers when issues arise, and making sure Dasher pickups go smoothly.
- Merchant Support Partner with our merchants in order to help them grow their volume, as well as provide our customers with a high quality product. Work with DoorDash Support agents to provide technical assistance to merchants (IT, phones, tablets, kitchen equipment, etc.)
- Help improve operations. Contribute ideas to improve our quality and customer experience.
We’re excited about you because…
- You’re self-motivated, positive, and a team player. You work well with others, and you bring a great attitude to your work each and every day. You have high integrity and are excited to delight customers.
- You’re a proven leader. You have managed teams of 5+ employees and succeeded in high-performance cultures such as retail, restaurant or warehouse environments..
- You’re organized and proficient in Google Docs and Google Sheets. You are a data-driven decision maker who is comfortable compiling your findings in documentation that can be shared with the broader team.
- You have basic maintenance skills. You may be required to make emergency repairs and conduct maintenance on the facility with basic tools provided.
- You have flexibility in your schedule. You may be required to work any day of the week, across daily operating hours
Nice to haves
- At least 1 year of previous experience in the food and beverage industry.
- At least 1 year of management or IT experiences.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, G Suite, Salesforce and Point-of-Sale Software.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be comfortable working in a commercial kitchen
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, able to lift up to 50 lbs and able to participate in all service aspects and training
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.