About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Germany! As a founding member of our German team, you will play a key role in creating something great together and be a part of a global team helping local economies grow. We're looking for people with deep market knowledge and excellent working relationships in Germany who are inspired to bring their vision, passion, and skills to make an impact in our community. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for City Managers (w/m/d) to develop the operational strategy for winning in strategic regions across our three core audiences: couriers, merchants, and consumers.Each market will pose its own set of unique challenges, and you will develop and execute strategies to achieve market leadership.
As a City Manager, you will take point on deploying experiments, growing your market across operational and financial metrics, and managing a portfolio of businesses towards growth and profitability.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Create the operational strategy for winning the Dasher, merchant, and consumer in strategically important cities across Germany
- Influence – Work with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, Account Management, and BD teams to improve the dasher, merchant, and customer experience
- Build the Market – You will hit top-line and profitability goals for your region. You will diagnose and address problems quickly, have foresight into potential issues and lead your team in hitting goals at 110%
- Analyze – Build analysis to understand the segment's strengths and weaknesses, competitive pressures, and opportunity areas
- Experiment – Use a data-driven approach and marketplace knowledge to identify improvement opportunities, run tests, and make our business 1% better every day
We're excited about you because…
- You are an elastic thinker – You can operate at both the 10,000-foot level and at the 10-inch level. You want to shape the direction of the company. You're comfortable managing a P&L
- You are a generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business. You can motivate people at all levels across a variety of job responsibilities. You can build a diverse team of performers, helping champion the development of DoorDash's future leaders
- You have experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience
- You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You have Excel (can perform complex functions and modelling) and SQL knowledge
- You are fluent in both German and English
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.