About the Team
DoorDash is building the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery. We are seeing hyper growth and expanding our Engineering offices globally! We are looking for founding Software Engineers (w/m/d) who are excited about joining a fast-paced company and building something great to join our Berlin office.
About the Role
- Join as a founding member of our high-growth Berlin Engineering Team.
- Partner with the DoorDash Germany leadership team to define and execute the product strategy for the Germany on-demand delivery market and support our overall Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) geographic expansion ambitions.
- Work on developing, releasing, and running large-scale web applications.
- Improve performance, reliability, scalability, and security of our backend systems.
- Help onboard and mentor other engineers as they join the team and grow in their careers.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a fast-growing company and grow right along with us.
- Work on challenging and interesting tech problems which impact millions of customers.
- Get the chance to work on cutting-edge technologies and use world-class tooling to get the job done.
- Make a large impact across the company through business deliverables and continuous innovation.
- Work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry with the deepest sense of empathy.
- Opportunity to build 0 to 1 solutions focussed on German markets
What We're Looking For
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience working with backend/full-stack tech stacks
- Able to analyse and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, writing REST API's, unit testing, and architectural design
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and other technologies (e.g. Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ)
- Adaptability, resilience, and being able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced team and you'll need to be able to keep up!
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.