About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Germany! As a founding member of our German team, you will play a key role in creating something great together and be a part of a global team helping local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge and excellent working relationships in Germany who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to make an impact in our community. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
- Manage a high volume of small to medium sized strategic sourcing projects falling in 70% Corporate Services/marketing and 30% technology
- Collaborate and build relationships across a number of internal business stakeholders; serve as a brand ambassador for the Sourcing & Procurement team within the organization and to the DoorDash supplier community
- Collaborate with the global sourcing managers and lead execution of projects across the entire sourcing lifecycle: identification of needs, spend analysis, supplier market analysis, RFx/sole source, scorecard development, pricing analysis and cost modeling, commercial negotiations, finalization of MSAs and SOWs
- Manage stakeholder expectations through lifecycle of sourcing projects, collaborate with the global sourcing managers to ensure strategy development are aligned, effectively communicate status and results of projects across the organization including to key stakeholders to senior management, and to suppliers
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be responsible for all procurement initiatives for Germany
- Lead a high volume of sourcing projects from inception to completion
- Collaborate - across a variety of internal business stakeholders: Legal, Finance, Accounting, Public Policy, Marketing, IT, HR, Support, Engineering, Security, New Business Verticals etc.
- Negotiate with a broad range of suppliers in multiple industries
- Bring both an entrepreneurial mindset and a process-orientation
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment
We’re excited about you because…
- Fluent in German and English
- Strategic sourcing/procurement experience in the indirect spend area preferably
- Experience leading contract negotiations and managing suppliers
- Willing to learn and execute sourcing events across ALL Sourcing categories on Day 1
- Are a collaborator - You can build relationships with and motivate people at all levels and job functions inside and outside of the company
- Are a Self-starter - You are naturally curious and have a bias towards action
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for all participants in our three-sided marketplace
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission is to empower local economies. Our team members move quickly and are always learning in order to support all participants in our three-sided marketplace and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users across the marketplace.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.