About the Role
The Analytics team is looking for experienced Data Scientists to guide measurement, strategy, and tactical decision-making as we expand our logistics platform into new countries. We are looking to hire in several countries across a variety of teams and levels to accelerate growth in our current international markets (Canada and Australia) and lead the strategy and execution of new market launches. Data Scientists at DoorDash work to uncover insights and turn them into relevant recommendations, driving decisions for the entire organization. Analytics is integral to all operational areas at DoorDash.
As a Data Scientist at DoorDash, you'll use your quantitative background to mentor other scientists and dive into large datasets to guide decision-making. We tackle a multitude of exciting challenges including customer acquisition, balancing supply and demand, fraud and support, marketing, marketplace efficiency, and more. If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, are excited to build a market from 0 to 1, and have experience using analytics to affect revenue, growth, operations or beyond, we’re looking for someone like you!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
- Build full-cycle analytics experiments, reports, and dashboards using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools
- Produce recommendations and use statistical techniques and hypothesis testing to validate your findings
- Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identify and measure levers to help move essential metrics and make recommendations
- Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
- Report against our goals by identifying essential metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Be excited to travel (when it’s safe!) to meet with business partners and the team in each market
We’re excited about you because you have…
- A degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar domain
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
- Experience working with funnel optimization, user segmentation, cohort analyses, time series analyses, regression models, etc
- Expertise of SQL queries, ETL, A/B Testing, and statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau)
- The insight to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- The determination to initiate and lead projects to completion in a scrappy environment
- Prior experience working abroad or in international expansion preferred but not required
- Fluent English required, proficiency in additional languages a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission is to empower local economies. Our team members move quickly and are always learning in order to support all participants in our three-sided marketplace and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users across the marketplace.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.