About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Germany! As a founding member of our German team, you will play a key role in creating something great together and be a part of a global team helping local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge and excellent working relationships in Germany who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to make an impact in our community. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Courier Team Supervisor (w/m/d) to help support the local courier community in Germany. In this role, you will oversee programming to get new couriers to complete onboarding and get on the road to Dash; enhance the courier experience; and drive operational success for the courier community through a mix of people skills and problem-solving.
As one of the first team members on the ground in Germany, you will initially be responsible for funneling couriers through the onboarding funnel and empowering couriers in communities where DoorDash operates. We're looking for superstars who can operate independently, move fast, and get things done. You’re passionate about building your personal skill set, both hard and soft skills. We want people who love being challenged and are excited by the idea of growing their responsibilities with DoorDash.
CTS responsibilities will evolve as DoorDash grows its presence in Germany -- you will transition from managing new courier onboarding directly to overseeing hiring, training, and management of German-speaking Courier Experience Specialists (CES) that will run onboarding sessions across multiple markets. As you collect feedback from your direct reports on orientations, you will advise on opportunities to improve new courier programming and partner with the core Courier Growth team on developing and implementing standardized orientations in the German market and beyond
Flexibility to support and help build the DoorDash ecosystem is a critical part of this role. This could include covering our pre-launch courier support inbounds, supporting our e-bike lending program, and communicating critical learnings from on the ground to guide our broader strategy.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Drive Conversion: Activate and inspire the next generation of couriers using a mix of online and in-person materials.
- Organize – Create and execute scheduling and inventory management for all CESs and Supply Offices. Drive process and clarity to the many workstreams the CES pod will be responsible for owning simultaneously
- Expand – Help recruit new CESs, and expand/pivot the scope of work the CES pod covers alongside DoorDash’s growth
- People person - people gravitate toward you because you’re so sociable. You thrive in public speaking settings and can motivate others.
- Multitasking Extraordinaire - you have no problem juggling multiple tasks at once, and you love improving processes to make things work smoothly.
We're excited about you because:
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape our Dash Team
- Natural leader – You pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team and have 1+ years of leadership experience
- Data-Driven – Exploring large data sets excites you, and you use analysis to guide the actions you take.
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals and succeeding in a team environment
- Extreme organization skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Excel and Google Suite, and you have an analytical mindset.
- German and English fluency - spoken and written
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, and by expanding to over 4000 cities across the US, Canada, Australia, and Japan.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.