About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Germany! As a founding member of our German team, you will play a key role in creating something great together and be a part of a global team helping local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge and excellent working relationships in Germany who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to make an impact in our community. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a PR Manager (w/m/d) to lead and coordinate communications strategies for our platform’s y efforts in Germany, anchoring messaging to the company's mission and strategic narrative, while working closely with our Head of International Communications along with key internal stakeholders at HQ and in local markets to drive forward business objectives. This position will be based in Germany.
This individual will:
- Oversee and manage communications plans in Germany as the go-to, local German comms resource
- Lead strategic consumer, brand and merchant-focused campaigns that align with local Marketing, Marketplace and Enterprise business priorities
- Direct national German market media strategies and launches for DoorDash’s suite of products, innovations and new verticals that help to serve our consumers, merchants, Couriers and the communities in which we operate
- Develop strategic media engagement and execution strategies to elevate the company’s relationship with key industry business, trade, tech and consumer media across Germany by telling the story of how DoorDash empowers local economies and connects customers with the best in their communities
- Proactively develop media relationships with a diverse set of national and city-specific Germany reporters and help manage day-to-day media requests
- Draft and edit communications materials including launch plans, press releases, pitches, blog posts, media recaps, and media lists, to support a wide array of local company news
- Identify and support evergreen thought leadership opportunities for local senior leaders to raise corporate profiles
- Serve as day-to-day manager of our local German PR agency as their primary in-house resource
- Serve as the communications liaison with the HQ Communications team, international leadership, and local marketing, policy and public affairs agencies to collaborate and provide consistent messaging and strategic guidance in support of regional objectives
We’re excited about you because…
- You have extensive experience in communications, PR, or journalism
- You are self-motivated with strong organizational skills, analytical talent and attention to detail
- You have experience flourishing in fast-paced, fluid and challenging environments
- You’ve demonstrated competency in designing and executing strategic communications plans in a large, complex organization with varied priorities
- You are able to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers and senior management
- You possess excellent people and project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- You are a strong communicator, inclusive of listening, writing and speaking, and a true leader, collaborator, and consensus builder
- You take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both
- You have extremely effective written and verbal communication skills in German and EnglishYou have a bachelor's degree or higher
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and couriers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States, Canada and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.