About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Germany! As a founding member of our German team, you will play a key role in creating something great together and be a part of a global team helping local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge and excellent working relationships in Germany who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to make an impact in our community. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
As the Director of Merchant Strategy (w/m/d), you’ll be responsible for setting the strategy for our merchant business for the German market. This role owns the outcomes of the three pillars of our merchant business: ensuring our marketplace has the best selection possible, that our partners see value in the products and services we are bringing to market, and that we are assisting all cohorts of merchants in operating with all services to maximize the value of our partnerships. This role is a mix of strategy and execution and people leadership.
You will report directly to the Director of Merchant Strategy, International, on our Merchant Strategy & Operations organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build Strategy for the Market – You will own the strategic vision for DoorDash’s merchant (business) audiences including market level approaches for the merchants and localized efforts as required.
- Own the Plan to Delivery – You will not just have the vision, but work on the plans to bring your strategy to life. You’ll focus on go to market planning & execution for new DoorDash merchant initiatives to increase value to our customer & merchant audiences.
- Make Data Driven Decisions - Build models to define merchant segments, understand merchant performance, and identify new opportunities to drive value.
- Build Strong Cross Functional Relationships – Work cross-functionally with our various stakeholders (Sales, Product, General Managers) to ensure that the vision and plans for the German market are understood around the business, various teams are motivated to engage, and that the business is balanced across teams.
- Lead a Team of High Performers – Work with a team of highly talented and motivated individuals who are growing the market and owning outcomes themselves.
We’re excited about you because…
- Problem solver: You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans, and you are excited to build those plans yourself.
- You are analytical: You let data tell the story, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- Proven operator: You have extensive work experience, specifically across: consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking or related experience. High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus.
- World class communicator: You are able to tell the story to different audiences and through different mediums - strong written and verbal communication skills in German and English are a must.
- Dedicated people leader: People management experience, across full time and hourly employees, and a proven track record as a culture carrier with an advocate for DEI initiatives.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for all participants in our three-sided marketplace
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission is to empower local economies. Our team members move quickly and are always learning in order to support all participants in our three-sided marketplace and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users across the marketplace.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.