About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Germany! As a founding member of our German team, you will play a key role in creating something great together and be a part of a global team helping local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge and excellent working relationships in Germany who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to make an impact in our community. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Berlin Engineering Site Lead (w/m/d) to grow our engineering presence in Germany. In this role, you would be the founding member of the DoorDash Germany engineering team and will be responsible for rapidly building out the team in Germany, while partnering with our Berlin-based General Manager to define and execute the product roadmap to win the German on-demand delivery market.
You will be responsible for hiring out a full-stack engineering team that can work across the DoorDash technology stack and product suite self-sufficiently in addition to building products specific to winning in Germany. This role will report into the CTO.
You’re excited about this role because...
- You’ll rapidly recruit and hire world-class engineering talent to establish our Berlin-based engineering team
- You’re eager to get into the details in our technology stack and contribute when needed as we build out the team.
- Our technology stack is completely hosted in AWS; running on Kotlin backend services in Docker containers orchestrated by Kubernetes; powered by Cassandra, Aurora Postgres, and CockroachDB data stores; using Jenkins for CI/CD; and using React, Swift, and Kotlin for our web, iOS, and Android apps respectively.
- You will partner with the DoorDash Germany leadership team to define and execute the product strategy
- You’ll collaborate with central DoorDash functions (Engineering, HR, Product, etc.) to define the working model between Berlin engineering site and central functions
- You’ll balance the trade-offs between building new features on top of existing engineering platforms at DoorDash vs. building from scratch to expedite launch
We’re excited about you because...
- You’re familiar operating large-scale, distributed systems
- You have experience in people management
- You have an extensive tech talent network in the Berlin region
- You have experience managing multiple full-stack teams, including managing and hiring managers
- You have experience leading geographically distributed teams across different time zones
- You have extensive experience as an engineering leader in a fast-paced, product-focused development environment
- You’re a hands-on leaders with strong product intuition
- You’re humble - willing to get into the details and open to feedback
- You have a growth mindset - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- You have excellent communication skills and are fluent in both German and English
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for all participants in our three-sided marketplace
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission is to empower local economies. Our team members move quickly and are always learning in order to support all participants in our three-sided marketplace and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users across the marketplace.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.