About the Team
We are looking for a strategic thinker and hands-on builder to help us scale DoorDash’s non-restaurant business internationally! This is an exciting opportunity to drive the selection and acquisition strategy of all non-restaurant categories across Canada and Australia. With a mission to bring the best of your local city to you, the New Verticals team is rapidly expanding as we gain entry into new categories including Grocery and Retail. You will be the driving force of our selection strategy across our international markets, and as we scale, will curate an exceptional experience for all our merchants (from Enterprise to SMB) on our platform.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Strategy and Operations Manager to bring our New Verticals vision to life. You will touch all workflows that result in a merchant winning its first orders on the marketplace, including;
- Identifying and sizing opportunities, building selection intelligence and maintaining a robust pipeline of merchants
- Building the acquisition strategy (what categories, which markets, at what price?)
- Mobilizing sales resource against our plan (building lead lists and acceleration initiatives, headcount planning)
- Unlocking downstream resourcing to quickly onboard new merchants, including onboarding, technical integrations and relationship managers
- Identifying blockers to merchant retention and building a best in class merchant experience, with particular focus on the f30 days on the platform
In a typical day this means you could be planning the annual international merchant acquisition budget in the morning, and in the afternoon build and launch an acceleration initiative to quickly capitalize on an emerging opportunity in a new city. This role is a dynamic blend of high level strategic thinking, analytics and intelligence building, and sales execution at the lowest level of detail. This is a role that continues to evolve as we set solid foundations for selection in our international markets, and look to drive success further along in the merchant lifecycle.
You will report into the GM of International New Verticals and be embedded in a team that ultimately manages the New Verticals P&L. Your cross-functional partners will include sales execs across Enterprise, MId-market and SMB; sales strategy and planning leads; downstream post-sale functions including onboarding and activations partners, as well as merchant relationship managers. This is a 12-month fixed term contract role and we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Devise and execute the overall operational strategy for winning and retaining merchants in our international markets
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Account Management, and Business Development teams to accelerate our business and improve the merchant experience
- Own market intelligence and our pipeline – Build analysis to size our international opportunity, justify where we should invest, and respond to competitor threats
- Experiment – Use a data-driven approach and your marketplace knowledge to diagnose problems quickly or identify acquisition opportunities, run and scale tests that move the needle, and make our business 1% better everyday
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, grocery/CPG, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience or entrepreneurship
- You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You have Excel (can perform complex functions and modeling) and SQL knowledge
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and excel in a fast-paced and evolving business
- You are entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- You are an elastic thinker – You can operate at both the 10,000 foot level and at the 10 inch level.
- You are a relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
- You are a generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You are gritty – You enjoy ambiguity and are willing roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You are a problem solver – You have a talent for managing complex projects, driving high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing processes.
- You are a leader – You can build a diverse team of strong performers, helping champion development of DoorDash's future leaders
You have experience mobilizing sales resources against an operating plan
You have a demonstrated interest in logistics, on-demand marketplaces.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.