About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to help build our Canadian business. This is an opportunity for people who are excited about joining a dynamic company and building something great. We're looking for individuals who have a deep market knowledge to ensure us to best serve our Dashers, Merchants, and Consumers.
About the Role
Our best Strategy & Operations Managers are self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. They are generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful. Think this is you? Read on…
In a typical day, Strategy & Operations Managers may lead a new initiative to improve customer retention, refine experiments in market to reduce driver delivery distances, conduct customer outreach to understand the product enhancements our consumers are looking for, and partner with cross functional teams to build our future product.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize - Innovate and execute on unique strategies across our three sided marketplace.
- Engage – implement scalable initiatives and best practices to ensure a world-class operation
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of various programs and experiments
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, etc. teams to drive strategic initiatives and harness opportunities.
We're excited about you because…
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You are a problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- You are accountable - You want to own the outcome and make an impact on our most critical growth and profitability metrics
- You are an entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- You are a generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You are gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You are an relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- You have 5+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- You have a proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You are an expert communicator and possess strong interpersonal skills
- You have advanced Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.