About the Team
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong platform and product sense to lead a team building tools to power DashCorps, a new DoorDash company on a mission to change logistics and staffing for local merchants. DashCorps’ goal is to become the go-to solution for merchants looking to leverage a specially-trained employee fleet to improve their operations and help their business grow.
To accomplish this, the team focuses on:
- Courier fulfillment experience
- Fleet management capabilities like time tracking, shift swapping, and performance management.
- Building and maintaining external integrations like HRIS and HRMS systems
- Systems and toolings for fleet managers
About the Role
- As the manager, you will manage a full-stack engineering team across mobile, and backend platforms.
- Co-own the product vision, metrics, and roadmap, partnering with business, product, and other teams across the company
- Improve performance, reliability, scalability, and security of our backend systems.
- Help onboard and mentor other engineers as they join the team and grow in their careers.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a fast-growing company and grow right along with us.
- Opportunity to build 0-to-1 solutions
- Work on challenging and interesting tech problems with real-world impact
- Get the chance to work on cutting-edge technologies and use world-class tooling to get the job done.
- Make a large impact across the company through business deliverables and continuous innovation.
- Work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry with the deepest sense of empathy.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 7+ years of software industry experience
- You have 2+ years of experience in people management.
- You have extensive experience building, shipping, and supporting business-facing products and/or architecting large-scale platforms.
- You are well-versed in operating in fast-paced environments and navigating ambiguity.
- You are able to deliver on immediate goals and form long-term strategies on technology, process, and people.
- You have demonstrated experience in building and nurturing talent in the team.
- You have demonstrated experience working with cross-functional stakeholders and managing stakeholder interactions and leadership communication for highly visible initiatives.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.