About the Team
The Real Estate and Construction Management team acts as an integral part of the DoorDash Workplace team. We manage the first phase in delivering best in class office and industrial space to support the diverse and growing DoorDash needs. We build offices that are inclusive, inspirational, and functional, as well as industrial spaces that are efficient and adaptable. We want to remove any and all friction in the physical space that prevents our employees from doing the very best work of their careers.
You’ll be a vital part of a team that helps prepare DoorDash for where it is going, and enables the continued growth of our platform.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Construction Project Manager to report to the Manager of Construction. In this role, you will support the rapid scaling of our DashMart footprint. You will need to be a master at handling multiple tasks and projects with a “no-job-is-too-small” attitude, an ability to take thoughtful initiative, and the desire to go above and beyond. This role will require exceptional communication skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to work well with a diverse range of personalities and perspectives.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Become an integral member of the Construction Management team, supporting hyper-growth across our portfolio.
- Work closely with project teams to efficiently manage capital and tenant improvement projects through all phases of project development including design, bidding, permitting, construction, and closeout.
- Operate at the Lowest Level of Detail, by diving into goals and fundamentals involved in each project (i.e. budget scope, schedule constraints, etc.), in order to creatively problem-solve issues as they arise and successfully complete each project.
- Work closely with a diverse team that will include vendors, internal cross-functional partners, and outsourced support.
- Be responsible for creating and managing regular communication and status reports to ensure all stakeholders are well informed at every stage of the project.
- Be highly organized and able to manage many distinct projects simultaneously.
- Travel up to 25% to assist with project coordination.
- Take on other office projects, tasks, and duties as needed.
We’re excited about you because…
- Are Customer Obsessed with a passionate drive to, take initiative, and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Think big, and Start Small with a thoughtful process of analyzing data and circumstances to solve problems and reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Value our One Team, One Fight mentality by partnering effectively to execute on our common goals in a pleasant and energetic manner.
- Have a Bias for Action with an appreciation and understanding of our mission in order to make sound, timely contributions.
- Strive to be 1% Better Everyday with your openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Choose Optimism and Have a Plan, whether it's a big project or impromptu task, you are quick on your feet and happy to contribute in a helpful, organized way.
- Have 3-5 years of recent Workplace/Construction experience directly assisting with or managing facilities and construction projects.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.