Doordash is looking for a product-minded engineering manager to guide and grow our Checkout Experience team in San Francisco. The team’s mission is to gain the trust and confidence of our customers by providing a seamless and intuitive checkout experience while enabling sophisticated customizations and payment flows. As the manager, you will manage a full-stack engineering team and be the primary contact for external stakeholders.
About the Role
The Checkout Experience team owns the shopping cart, cross-sell recommendations, and payment flow across iOS, Android, and Web platforms. We pioneer a world-class checkout experience and build a platform to empower all the business verticals beyond restaurants at DoorDash. We partner with Payments, Orders, Promotion, Fraud, International, and other teams who contribute to our platform. Checkout is central to DoorDash’s product strategy and vision of the future, and the opportunity for impact is massive!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- You will manage a full-stack team with iOS, Android, web, and backend engineers
- You will directly work with Product, Design, Business stakeholders across DoorDash to define the roadmap and vision for the team and deliver immense impact
- Build an outstanding team by coaching engineers, empowering engineers through delegation, and applying your technical expertise to hold your team to the highest engineering standards
- Scale the team by developing internal talents and attracting top talents
We’re excited about you because…
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Strong hands-on experience with one or more client platforms (iOS, Android, web), cross-team collaboration, and building scalable products in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience in building user-facing product and working directly with product managers
- Ability to guide and grow an excellent engineering team in a rapidly changing business environment
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.