About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our ambitious and growing Accounting Platform team. Our team is looking for a highly-skilled, multi-faceted Product Manager with Product, Engineering, Accounting, and Finance systems experience. In this role you will collaborate with Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Tax, Treasury, and across the business functions on products, tools, and processes that strengthen our financial infrastructure. This role will require domain expertise in financial systems, accounting & processes, and data pipelines.
About the Role
As an Accounting Platform product manager you will own and manage products, tools, and processes that bridge between Accounting Systems and its Business and Technical Platform partners.
- Own Financial & Accounting Automation Projects - You’ll manage these long-term projects, and lead iterative delivery of these systems from concept to ship. You will do so by developing the vision, strategy, and defining requirements, timelines, milestones, and processes that will allow teams to work seamlessly by collaborating closely with Finance, Accounting, Business Intelligence, Product, and Engineering teams as well as external support.
- Stakeholder Management - You’ll manage expectations for all stakeholders from leadership to individual teams. Own regular program communication, unblock teams and build partnerships with internal Engineering teams, Accounting, Finance, and FP&A.
- Build & Maintain Documentation, Standards, and Processes - You’ll develop succinct and high-quality internal documentation related to your work. Develop standards, processes, and documentation to improve best practices and compliance, focused on SOX -- including reviews, awareness, education, and process controls.
- Use domain knowledge to identify opportunities through both tactical projects and long-term strategic vision.
- Navigate the Organization - You’ll build knowledge and trust of internal teams to enable efficient execution of program plans.
- Communications - You’ll manage timely and succinct communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Experience in accounting / finance systems including process improvement and technical projects with aggressive schedules.
- Experience with Financial & Accounting Systems transformations or implementations.
- Experience understanding accounting process flows and end-to-end data pipelines in order to deliver system solutions and drive platform enhancements.
- Experience with launching financial and accounting products through the entire product development lifecycle including requirements gathering, prioritization, design, development, and test.
- Experience working directly with engineering teams on product development with a strong understanding of SDLC in an Agile environment.
- Experience with cross-functional teams to deliver large, complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment
We're excited about you because…
- 5+ years of experience in product management, analytics or development experience in the tech industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Information Systems. Accounting/Finance certification (CMA or CPA Preferred)
- Skilled in business process optimization, risk management, business risk analysis, and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
- Excellent team building, organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus. Able to convey concepts and considerations to non-experts and experts alike.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details to understand and drive your programs. Excellent attention to detail and understanding of impact when changes occur to scope or timeline.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.