The dasher mobile app has hundreds of thousands of users and has reached the top 10 downloads in the Business/Tools sections of the App store/Play store. Dashers value DoorDash as a platform that provides flexible work hours and financial rewards that have become a complementary source of income. It is of foremost importance our mobile app is simple, fast, and informative to make Dashers’ jobs easier.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who oversees the tech aspect of the Dasher app.
About the Team
The Dasher team is responsible for making Dashing the preferred gig of choice. This team helps progress towards the mission by making the Dasher App a top quality app that hundreds of thousands of Dashers can use reliably and happily.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an engineering manager with strong product and engineering sense to join our Logistics organization. You will lead a team of engineers across the stack and also hire and grow the team. This role will lead, strategize and develop top notch experiences for new Dashers and work with Product & Ops to build out the right product features and infrastructure. This leader will play a multi-faceted role spanning product, tech and ops and tackle stimulating technical challenges. The team champions state of the art capabilities and will be a major player for the success of DoorDash as a leading logistics technology company.
Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Leading high-impact tech initiatives that shape our Mobile platform evolution with quality goals,
- Inspiring your team and others with technical vision and customer obsession e.g., server-driven UI, Offline Mode, BFF architecture, testing frameworks
- Recruiting and retaining talented software engineers
- Keeping the team connected to the needs of engineering
- Rolling up your sleeves with hands-on contributions when necessary
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career guidance
- Make a world class mobile app for our Dashers.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a minimum of 2 years of engineering management experience leading a team of 5+
- You have hands-on experience with iOS or Android development
- You have a product mindset and apply that to how you would build out platform services
- You are Passionate about app quality and its customer impact.
- You have relevant experience leading consumer app development. Familiar with state-of-the-art mobile technologies, app quality measurements and tools, and app development/release frameworks.
- You are able to lead technology innovation and migration in the MOB client space.
- You are a strong collaborator and have strong communication skills
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.