About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our Canadian business. This is an exciting opportunity for people who are excited about joining a fast-paced company and building something great. We're looking for hustle, smarts, and deep curiosity to grow our white label delivery business. Join our never-ending pursuit to be the easiest way to deliver anything in Canada.
About the Role
DoorDash Drive is looking for a Strategy and Operations Manager to devise and execute the overall operational strategy for growing our white label delivery business in new verticals.
You will be directly responsible for the growth and success of our non-restaurant across operational and financial metrics. The potential of this market is still untapped and will pose its own set of unique challenges. You will be accountable for identifying strategies to win and working with cross functional teams to successful execution. You will take point on deploying experiment initiatives and you have a strong ability to lead and influence cross-functionally.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategise – Devise and execute the overall operational strategy for winning the same
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, Account Management, and BD teams to grow our business
- Own the Market – You are ultimately responsible for hitting top line and profitability goals for your market segment. You must be able to diagnose & address problems quickly, have foresight into potential issues and lead your team in hitting goals at 110%
- Analyze – Build analysis to understand the segment’s strengths and weaknesses, competitive pressures and opportunity areas
- Experiment – Use a data-driven approach and regional knowledge to identify improvement opportunities, run tests, and make our business 1% better everyday
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and excel in a fast-paced and evolving business
- You are a problem solver – You have a talent for managing complex projects, driving high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing processes.
- You are an elastic thinker – You can operate at both the 10,000 foot level and at the 10 inch level.
- You are entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- You are a generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You are gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You are a relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
- You have 3+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience
- You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You have Excel (can perform complex functions and modeling) and SQL knowledge
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.