About the Team
The Workplace Strategy & Operations (WSO) Team is tasked with creating and operating offices that allow people to do their best work. Our goal is to advance DoorDash by connecting people, places, and technology, elevating the experience within the workplace ecosystem. We are building and operating offices that are inclusive, inspirational, safe and functional.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Global Workplace Events Program Manager to join the Workplace Strategy & Operations team. You will play a key role in developing events management processes, guidelines, and policy. You will act as a centralized source to manage program development from ideation to execution by ensuring that goals are met. Working closely with a wide-array of internal teams as well as external partners. This role will partner closely with the in-office Workplace team, in addition to our physical security team, Executive Business Partners, Employee Engagement, IT and AV, Employee Resource Groups, and business leaders to provide an Events program and services that improve the overall employee workplace experience.
This role is flexible/hybrid and you will report to the Senior Manager, Global Workplace Strategy & Operations.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop an operating playbook for hosting events in the office to include roles and responsibilities, best practices, SLAs.
- Work with internal and external teams to develop a robust reporting and analytics framework and platform to report on all aspects of event data.
- Establish clear and standardized SOPs, SLAs, KPIs, to manage partners.
- Manage customer feedback, and lessons learned and implement improvements back into process.
- Conduct program assessments for the Workplace Strategy & Operations team, developing, driving, and implementing road maps, charters and management platforms.
- Oversee and strategically define goals with the goal of ensuring seamless events with a focus on world class hospitality.
- Serve as the primary contact liaising between key internal and external stakeholders for onsite events.
- Help industrialize, standardize and run processes around Event Program governance and discipline.
- Tightly manage and report on program/project scope, timelines, dependencies, resources, and budget to global stakeholders and team members.
- Develop standardized regularly scheduled location specific communications to employees.
- Manage vendor T&Cs, internal billing process, and POs, make recommendations on budgets and cost reductions.
- Establish Standard Operating Requirements locations that need event spaces.
- Travel as needed.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Are an Owner that thrives in a chaotic and ever changing work environment.
- Are Customer Obsessed with a passionate drive to delight our employees and guests, take initiative, and offer unique solutions that deliver on, and exceed, their expectations.
- Dream Big, and Start Small with a thoughtful process of analyzing data and circumstances to solve problems and reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Value our One Team, One Fight mentality by partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals in a pleasant and energetic manner.
- Have a Bias for Action with an appreciation and understanding of our mission to make sound, timely contributions.
- Strive to be 1% Better Everyday with your openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Choose Optimism and Have a Plan, whether it's a big project or impromptu task, you are quick on your feet and happy to contribute in a helpful, organized way.
- Bachelors or equivalent years of experience.
- 4+ years of event program management experience with an emphasis on facilities, office management, workplace services, customer service and event management.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.