About the Team
The Global Safety and Security team is responsible for advancing DoorDash through the protection of people, property, operations, brand, and reputation. We manage safety and security risks and deliver value across the business through agility, technology, and a people-first approach. Our team strives to always be in front, and therefore our people anytime, anywhere.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Systems Engineering Lead to design, integrate and support physical security systems, data, and applications for over 400 DoorDash locations worldwide. The Systems Engineer Lead will be hands-on and directly responsible for building applications, integrations, and databases for the Global Safety and Security team. The Systems Engineering Lead will work closely with the Infrastructure team, Global Safety and Security Leadership, IT, Security, and Facilities to ensure the systems and data being deployed follow our internal standards and exceed local, national, and international privacy rules and standards. This position will require a seasoned Systems Engineering Technologies professional with a Microsoft and Linux Infrastructure background, basic scripting skills, heavy c#, and the ability to work with Kafka, Snowflake, MS SQL, MySQL, and a strong understanding of data warehousing and near-real-time data.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be able to embrace your inner hacker to solve complex security challenges with hardware and application integrations creatively
- Evaluate and help select all physical security data technologies and systems, help develop the backend infrastructure to support them, and implement failover strategies
- Have the challenge of delivering multiple simultaneous and geographically distributed projects with tight time constraints
- Get to build and support world-class security systems, analytics, reporting, and near real-time data analysis using leading technologies
- Become the Systems Security Engineering Backend Infrastructure expert
- Lead and Train Security Operations employees and contractors
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- You have 10+ years of experience in data management and software development-related experience.
- You are a systems engineer working with big data and backend-related technologies.
- You have extensive experience working with large data and analyzing the data in near real-time.
- You have project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to completion.
- You are familiar with and comfortable with Blazor, C#, PowerShell, Perl, Python, NodeJS, HTML, and .NET Core.
- You have a background in system and application integration
- You have a fundamental understanding of containerized deployment technologies
- You have an extensive background and knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Kafka, and a basic understanding of Snowflake.
- You have experience using automation, analytics, and AI technologies
- You have familiarity with cloud-based access control and video management systems
- You have some experience working with HIPAA, CCPA, CGDPR, and other international data and privacy regulations
- You have the ability to explain complex technical problems in non-technical terms
- You have strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- You have 3+ years of experience building and leading an engineering team and associated program
- You have the ability to travel as required
- You have the ability to lead technical discussions and participate in technical product evaluations.
- You have a willingness to become the System Security Applications Expert
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with team members at all levels
- You have worked with support ticketing systems and integrated mass notification systems
- You have a desire to lead teams and grow in your expertise
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good.”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.