About the Team
DoorDash is building the world’s most reliable on-demand logistics engine for delivery! We’re looking for experienced engineers to join our fast-growing engineering team to help us develop a 24x7 global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
About the Role
At DoorDash, our product engineers implement and operate technological solutions to improve the experiences of our merchants, dashers, and consumers. From creating beautiful, user-friendly flows to crafting scalable backend architectures, we strive to deliver reliant, performant technology that delights our customers.
In an entry-level Software Engineer role at DoorDash, you will have the unique opportunity to jumpstart your career by enhancing the development of your technical and leadership skills in both career and confidence. Join our growing team and get 1% better every day.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop, maintain and ship technical elements with the support of your team members
- Act on feedback, coaching, and mentorship from your manager and team members
- Actively learn about the elements to which you contribute
- Make a direct impact on our business by collaborating with your team to solve problems for our customers
- Understand the “why” behind your work and empathizes with your customers
We’re excited about you because…
- You are currently enrolled at a Canadian university pursuing a B.S. or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, have no more than 2 years of full-time work experience, and/or graduating between Fall 2022 and Summer 2023.
- You have at least 1 previous Software Engineering internship or equivalent experience.
- You have experience working with databases (e.g., AWS, SQL, etc.)
- You have a solid understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- You have proficient experience working with at least 1 object-oriented programming language (e.g., Python, Java, Kotlin, etc.)
- You have experience writing clean code, working with version control, and doing unit testing.
Preferred but not required
- Able to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various systems
- Excited to develop, release and run large-scale web applications
- Experience with solutions for systems monitoring, live deployments, and continuous integration
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Experience working with service-oriented architecture, writing APIs, and designing systems
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.