About the Team
DoorDash is building the world’s most reliable on-demand logistics engine for delivery! We’re looking for experienced engineers to join our fast-growing engineering team to help us develop a 24x7 global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
About the Role
At DoorDash, our product engineers implement and operate technological solutions to improve the experiences of our merchants, dashers, and consumers. From creating beautiful, user-friendly flows to crafting scalable backend architectures, we strive to deliver reliant, performant technology that delights our customers.
We believe interns are essential to our mission of attracting and retaining top talent. During our 12-week Software Engineer internship, interns are completely immersed in their teams and will have the opportunity to develop, maintain, and ship products. As an intern, you will be able to directly impact our business by collaborating with your team to solve real problems for our customers.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop, maintain and ship technical elements with the support of your mentor, manager, and team members
- Act on feedback, coaching, and mentorship from your mentor and team members
- Actively learn about the elements to which you contribute
- Make a direct impact on our business by collaborating with your team to solve problems for our customers
- Participate in intern programming - AMAs, game nights, cooking classes, etc
- Present your summer learnings during Demo Day at the end of the internship
Here are some examples of past intern projects:
- Collection of Summer 2021 Intern Projects
- Building Reliable Workflows: Cadence as a Fallback for Event-Driven Processing
- Scaling DoorDash's Geospatial Innovation with a Location-Based Delivery Simulator
- My Engineering Internship Experience at DoorDash
We’re excited about you because…
- You are currently enrolled at a Canadian university pursuing a B.S. or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, have no more than 2 years of full-time work experience, and/or are graduating between Fall 2023 to Summer 2025.
- You are available for a May or June 2023 start date. (Internships are hosted in Summer only)
- You have experience working with databases (e.g., AWS, SQL, etc.)
- You have a solid understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- You have proficient experience working with at least 1 object-oriented programming language (e.g., Python, Java, Kotlin, etc.)
- You have experience writing clean code, working with version control, and doing unit testing.
- You are excited about a hybrid summer work experience.
Preferred but not required
- At least 1 previous Software Engineering internship or equivalent relevant experience
- Ability to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various systems
- Excited to develop, release and run large-scale web applications
- Experience with solutions for systems monitoring, live deployments, and continuous integration
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Experience working with service-oriented architecture, writing APIs, and designing systems.
- Participation in project or research-based technical work, hackathons, technical conferences/organization, on-campus student organization leadership, technical teaching assistant roles, relevant extracurricular activities, or other technical experience.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.