About the Team
The Workplace Strategy & Operations team creates and operates offices that allow people to do their best work. We are building and operating offices that are inclusive, inspirational, and functional. Our goal is to remove friction in the physical space so our customers (the employees) can do the best work of their careers.
The Workplace Strategy & Operations team strives for operational excellence and is looking for someone to support those efforts. You will be part of a global team that is working hard to design, manage, and operate spaces that employees want to work from.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Workplace Strategy & Operations Manager for our San Francisco HQ office. This role reports to the Regional Workplace Strategy & Operations Manager - West. In this role, you will manage our largest and busiest office; leading all projects, initiatives, and programs that contribute to creating a work environment that employees can thrive in. You will need strong people management/coaching and program management skills, have the ability to think on your feet, make quick decisions, and delegate, but also be ready and willing to roll up your sleeves and get to work. This role will require exceptional communication skills, the ability to be resourceful, and the ability to work well and create constructive relationships with a diverse range of personalities.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Become an ambassador of the Workplace Services team ensuring our customers (our employees) have a comfortable and functional work space to perform well in their job
- Manage all site specific projects and initiatives to improve the workplace through writing policies, procedures, and making physical improvements to the office
- Lead, coach, and inspire members of the Workplace Strategy & Operations team
- Build and strengthen relationships with Site Leaders and internal stakeholders to continually improve our office operations
- Establish relationships with vendors and have budget oversight into our programs while partnering with your manager to inform programmatic decisions
- Partner with Workplace Strategy & Operations managers and team members in other offices to share best practices, align processes, and ensure employees receive a consistent experience
- Use our service ticketing system for receiving and responding to service, repair & maintenance requests, determining the nature of the problem(s) and either completing the request or recommending appropriate solutions to employees promptly while maintaining the assigned SLAs
- Manage project work with other Workplace Strategy & Operations team members, day porters, and other onsite staff
- Manage relationships with office vendors including but not limited to property management, snack, meal, office supply, and janitors
- Oversee the process for vendor visits including best practices for tracking insurance documentation, needed keycard access, etc.
- Create and manage the process for determining specific needs of the space, including furniture needs, office and kitchen supplies, and pertinent repairs and maintenance, as well as office projects, tasks, and duties as needed
- Participate in and support change management needs for the office
- Able to lift/move 25 pounds
We’re excited about you because you…
- Are an Owner that thrives in a chaotic and ever changing work environment.
- Are Customer Obsessed with a passionate drive to delight our employees and guests, take initiative, and offer unique solutions that deliver on, and exceed, their expectations.
- Dream Big, and Start Small with a thoughtful process of analyzing data and circumstances to solve problems and reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Value our One Team, One Fight mentality by partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals in a pleasant and energetic manner.
- Have a Bias for Action with an appreciation and understanding of our mission to make sound, timely contributions.
- Strive to be 1% Better Everyday with your openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Choose Optimism and Have a Plan, whether it's a big project or impromptu task, you are quick on your feet and happy to contribute in a helpful, organized way.
- Have 5+ years of recent experience providing direct workplace support
- Earned a BA/BS
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.