About the Team
At DoorDash, people are our most important asset. The People Technology Team helps to deliver and facilitate strategic technology projects within the People Team to help DoorDash make the most of their people. This role will be focused on supporting our HR Technology function as we continue to optimize the advancement of this platform. We’re looking for specialists to help us scale DoorDash’s enormous growth. Come help shape a best in class People Technology team at DoorDash.
About the Role
DoorDash HR is looking for a Workday Product Specialist with demonstrated experience and knowledge in Time-Tracking and Absence to implement business decisions and strategic initiatives across the HR organization. Experience with Payroll is preferable but not required for this role. You will work cross-functionally to achieve business goals in supporting, configuring, and enabling Workday at DoorDash. As a Workday Product Specialist you will deliver solutions to support business goals, and assist in the implementation of new modules within Workday. This role will report to the Head of Talent Technology Solutions or Product Manager, Workday PATT.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Play an integral role in the configuration, support, and success of Workday at DoorDash as we grow our existing businesses and enter new verticals, and additional countries
- Work fearlessly in uncovering underlying issues or business problems and turn those issues into solutions within Workday
- Identify, prioritize, and implement best practices from a solutions perspective for Workday based on gathered requirements
- Support system troubleshooting, configuration, testing, and deployment of assigned applications to meet requirements, timelines, and execution standards
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ascertain and maintain the best possible configuration solution
- Provide production support to ensure superior operational response
- Rigorously document system requirements and configuration to build operational excellence
- Ensure data integrity by understanding and identifying opportunities to improve, working closely with cross-functional teams
- Train end-users and peers on new processes and functionality as needed
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 2+ years of work experience in HRIS implementation/configuration, both domestic and international.
- You are passionate about system optimization, employee experience and using Workday modules including but not limited to Core HCM, Time Tracking, Absence Management, and Payroll.
- You are a strong business thinker, able to use ‘first principles’ to solve challenging business problems at their root level
- You are data-driven, able to analyze data with strong attention to detail and accuracy, and passionate about telling the story behind the data hence turning the data into configuration
- You are a self-motivated, rapid learner, excited about further developing your analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are results-oriented, always evaluating whether our team's activities are achieving the desired, measurable impact
- You are an owner, always looking for opportunities to learn and better your work product
- You are comfortable and thrive in a fast-paced, continually changing team-oriented environment and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- You have a BA/BS degree in quantitative or business fields, or equivalent work experience
- You have an analytical mindset and a “People First” mentality with demonstrated ability to work through complex, ambiguous problems using data and creating configuration solutions based on that data
- You have strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $89,888 - $121,613, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.