About the Team
On the Outside Account Management team, we develop DoorDash partners to capture engagement, growth, and performance on our platform. We will establish success and build a plan to reach new heights, while accommodating the variable needs of our partners.
About the Role
Strategic Partner Managers lead the relationship with merchant partners on an ongoing basis. You will upsell incremental services to our existing business owners. You will help their businesses accelerate to new levels, hold periodic business check-ins, improve merchant operations, troubleshoot product-related bugs, recommend marketing strategies, and ensure high levels of satisfaction and retention. You will report into Senior Manager, Regional Partner Strategy on our Strategic Partner Management team.
This position is open to applicants in all parts of Southern California (Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego,...) but will follow a hybrid model and requires on average 1-2 days in our Los Angeles office or face-to-face Merchant work per week.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage merchant relationships across your region, while building towards business goals
- Present quarterly business reviews that highlights wins and opportunity areas for your merchant accounts
- Minimize churn and redirect our partners to opportunities of expansion, using DoorDash products
- Use data to test daily operational processes to keep our merchants efficient
- Work with our Product, Operations, and Sales teams to ensure merchants have the best possible experience when using our platform
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 3+ years of experience in a client-facing sales / account management role or related experience
- You empathize with customer needs and adapt to meet their unique goals resulting in an increase in customer satisfaction, retention, and product adoption
- You are a thoughtful, merchant first thinker who can create data-driven recommendations
- You have knowledge of Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) / Google Sheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- You navigate sales tools with ease (Salesforce, Outreach, Sales Navigator, Google Apps)
- You manage a book of business, with clients in small to mid-sized markets
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.