About the Team
Inside Pre-Sales finds and engages with prospective restaurant accounts across the United States and Canada. This team consists of inbound, outbound functions both in Phoenix and offshore as well as their leadership teams, all responsible for educating restaurants on the value of partnering with DoorDash.
About the Role
As the leader of our Inside Pre-Sales team, you will own the sales performance, hiring, retention, job satisfaction (i.e. NPS), and team development for your organization, as well as expanded leadership initiatives across the full DoorDash SMB Sales organization.
You will report into the Senior Director of Pre-Sales in our core DoorDash Sales organization. Our offices are open now for optional return to office, when they open fully we expect this role to be a hybrid of in-person and work from home.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Live to build. We are far from done building at DoorDash. You will build teams by recruiting Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives, build programs aimed at growing our people, and build sales functions and motions that increase our productivity.
- Invest in people growth. To achieve multi-generational success, we need to have the strongest talent on our team. We'll get there not only by recruiting the best, but also, you will apply deliberate development efforts to that talent to give them the tools to succeed across individual and team functions.
- Speak for those not at the table. As a leader of an organization, you will often be the sole representative of your team in a room, speaking on behalf of hundreds of people. Being collaborative and communicative in these settings is important to succeed.
- Drive bar-raising performance. We operate under a quarterly Objective and Key Result (OKR) system; it’s the responsibility of our Director of Sales to drive the team’s performance into the green each quarter, surface the voice of the market, and ask for what is needed to get the team back on track when headwinds set us back.
- Lead across functions. Beyond leading your team, it will be your responsibility to help your cross teams across Merchant Strategy, Sales Ops, Sales Planning, HR, Recruiting, Finance relate to the pain points of our merchants and Account Executives. Without obsessing over this pain, we will not move as quickly as we need to to remain empathetic to the needs of our customers.
We're excited about you because...
- 8+ years leading sales teams. Foundational experience overseeing and developing sales team members, from sales development to closing roles.
- 4+ years leading sales organizations. We require the experience of leading organizations consisting of several layers and many functions, including onshore and offshore teams.
- Comfort with our tech stack, including Salesforce.com, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Outreach.io, Chorus.ai
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $144,000 - $216,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.