We're hiring for various roles across our product teams in San Francisco and New York!
At DoorDash, we're redefining the future of on-demand delivery. We're building a small team of incredibly talented product leaders to define and execute on our vision of connecting local delivery networks in cities all across the world.
You'll work among star engineers, designers, and operators in a fast-growing environment. The role demands a mix of great technical depth, principled thinking and well-honed product judgment. Given the three-sided nature of our business, this leader will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long term strategy for the company.
What You'll Do
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, operations, marketing, local markets. You'll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for initiatives across audiences of our 3-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and Dashers
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Craft the strategic direction of the company
- Establish, monitor, and measure success metrics after launch. Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions.
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence. You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organized way
- "Spidey-sense" product instincts and an ability to balance user and business impact
- Shipped creative and highly successful consumer tech products; involved in process end-to-end
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Experience analyzing and using data to inform decisions
- 5+ years of product management, engineering or design experience
- CS degree or coded production-level web/mobile apps in the past
- Experience starting/scaling a successful startup from the ground up
- Strong interest in logistics, online-to-offline, on-demand services, transportation, marketplaces
- Avid DoorDash user
This role reports to a Director of Product and will work closely with different functional heads in the company, including engineering, design, support, operations, and marketing.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.