About the Team
Our Merchant Services team lies at the heart and soul of DoorDash, ensuring that we set all of our merchants up for success by providing a seamless onboarding, menu, and photo experience. As DoorDash grows both in scale and scope of offering, the strength of our merchant services engine must grow with it.
About the Role
As our Merchant Services Strategy & Operations Senior Associate, you'll discover and guide performance improvements across the Merchant Services organization and build the foundation for it to grow. This will include developing strategies to increase the quantity and quality of the merchant services we offer, strategic projects to enhance productivity, process redesign, product roadmap and launches, and resource allocation. You will sit at the intersection of our revenue generation engine and our our teams. The role will require prioritization and data-driven insights to ensure our team is working against the right goals and has the tools needed to achieve them.
You'll work between our sales, partner management, operations, product, and analytics teams to build a delightful experience for our merchants.
You will report to the Manager on our Strategy & Operations team in our Merchant Services organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Create plans against the Merchant Services strategy of building a seamless onboarding, menu, and photo experience that delights merchants
- Implement programs across process, product, and people to move the numbers
- Use data-driven analysis to run process improvement tests
- Build models and process flows to evaluate quantitative and qualitative business cases for process improvement opportunities
- Manage projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering, and business operations teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
- Be able to achieve immediate results and adapt in an evolving work environment
- Look for ways to improve and want to shape the direction of the company
- Influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job responsibilities
- Independently translate high-level goals into relevant plans
We're excited about you because…
- You have 2+ years of experience in strategy and operations or consulting
- You are experienced leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a high-growth company or start up
- You can make applicable recommendations out of complex datasets; SQL experience is advantageous
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $89,888 - $121,613, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.