About the Team
The Caviar & Premium Strategy & Operations team is responsible for winning 100% of premium merchants and consumers. We focus every day on driving growth of premium consumers’ ordering habits, and differentiation of premium merchant selection across all of Doordash’s platforms: on Caviar, on Doordash, and on Storefront. As the strategic owners of the premium segment, we work cross functionally to win the Premium Food segment. We are a high-impact team who enjoys finding creative solutions to complex problems.
About the Role
We're looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, data-driven, entrepreneurial, hands-on builder to help us take the Premium & Caviar growth to the next level, by focusing on differentiated food experiences for consumers and an effortless experience for premium merchants. To ensure the highest merchant selection and order rates through new product features, you'll lead the planning, strategy, prioritization, and go-to-market for major product features that impact every Caviar order. You'll also refine our existing products to make them more effective.
You will report into the General Manager on our Caviar & Premium team in our Strategy & Operations organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You'll have your fingerprints all over Caviar’s business. You'll work towards a successful launch, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Grow: You’ll be scaling our most impactful initiatives nationally as well as developing geo-specific strategies to accelerate growth and penetration of the Premium business
- Strategize. From first principles, you'll develop the strategy for best serving our premium customers.
- Analyze. You'll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Lead. You'll hire and develop a high-quality team to grow your business line.
- Collaborate. You'll work with a cross-functional team, including engineering, product, design, operations, finance, and marketing to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You're excited to solve problems in new ways, and you resist "this is how it's always been done" thinking.
- You succeed with a diverse set of responsibilities. You love working across a variety of disciplines and teams.
- You're analytical. You let data win arguments, and you're comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You're persuasive. You speak as if you're right and listen as if you're wrong. You meet people on their level.
- You act with urgency. Speed excites you. You prefer an accomplishment today to an accomplishment tomorrow.
- You're relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 8+ years of experience. You've succeeded in a competitive environment.
- You have 2+ years of team management experience. Building and developing a team is something you are passionate about.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.