About the Team
On the Outside Account Management team, we develop DoorDash partners to capture engagement, growth, and performance on our platform. We will establish success and build a plan to reach new heights, while accommodating the variable needs of our partners.
About the Role
Our close partnerships with exceptional, local restaurants are a core differentiator for DoorDash and Caviar. We’re looking for a talented, savvy relationship builders who are passionate about restaurants to join us in this high-impact account management and business development role
As a Strategic Partner Manager for Premium Local Merchants, you will build and define relationships with the best local restaurants to enhance their experience with DoorDash and grow their business on our suite of products. You'll focus on growth efforts, including account management, restaurant location expansion, menu optimization, operational troubleshooting, marketing opportunities and more. You’ll renegotiate contracts and work with our top partners on sales-like initiatives. You’ll be an agile, self-starter that can take on various merchant-facing initiatives. You’ll push on scalable solutions and always make data-driven decisions.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Drive core business results by actively growing DoorDash existing, premium local partners
- Build strong relationships through proactive engagement and account management, serving as a primary point-of-contact for business owners
- Strategically optimize all aspects of our partners’ experience and performance across DoorDash’s suit of products
- Help facilitate merchant-facing special initiatives that drive value to the overall DoorDash enterprise
- Achieve and consistently exceed quarterly business goals
- Collaborate closely with Business, Product, Operations, Support and Marketing teams to analyze and solve partner needs, communicate best practices, and inform our business and product roadmap
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in a results-driven sales, account management, or business development role
- You have world-class people, sales, and trust-based skills
- You have a deep love of amazing food, restaurants, and the desire to consistently provide an exceptional experience to stakeholders and customers, both internally and externally
- You have a proven ability to get things done, manage your time and prioritize for impact
- You have strong communication skills including active listening and the ability to influence others, as well as the ability to consistently keep colleagues, team members and other key stakeholders aligned
- You have familiarity with data tools like excel or Google Sheets
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.