About the Team
The Ads & Promotions team's mission is to make DoorDash the best place for businesses to market their brand to local customers. As one of the newest and fastest growing teams within DoorDash, we work within a complex ecosystem, balancing the needs of advertisers, merchants, and consumers. We’re realizing DoorDash’s mission of empowering local businesses everywhere by helping them reach new and existing customers. In parallel, we enable consumers to find more of what they love and make shopping more affordable for everyone.
Our Advertiser Platform consists of foundational capabilities, frameworks, and systems that power all ad experiences on DoorDash. We partner with other teams to turn these foundations into powerful tools for advertisers and merchants, and intuitive experiences for consumers. This team is for designers who think deeply about system design and enjoy being pioneers in spaces where design does not traditionally operate, who love to engage other functions through strong communication and facilitation.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to envision and build our Advertiser Platform from the ground up. You’ll be responsible for designing experiences that help advertisers and internal operators be successful, while creating the infrastructure that empowers other teams to build high quality ads products at scale. In this role you’ll not only help us reach our business goals, you’ll also bring a strong user centric mindset, helping to establish standards and frameworks for all advertiser experiences across DoorDash. In close collaboration with designers and cross-functional teams throughout the company, you’ll build the foundations of our advertising platform that connects brands and local businesses to 20 million+ users on DoorDash.
Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Contribute directly to DoorDash's product strategy and define the future of our service.
- Explore complex, ambiguous problem spaces, working with your team to understand the opportunity and then chart a path forward.
- Explore and refine your design solutions through wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual design.
- Influence your team's approach to product development, shaping the team's culture, processes, and practices.
- Collaborate with teams across our company to establish a shared understanding of the problem space, bring people together to solve complex challenges, and create space for others to contribute.
- Help merchants grow their businesses and improve the lives of millions of DoorDash customers every day.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a senior designer with 6+ years of experience. Experience in Adtech, B2B, or SaaS enterprise products is a plus.
- You are a strong communicator and facilitator who enjoys collaborating across lots of different functions.
- You’re a systems-thinker who translates complexity into intuitive experiences and considers every facet of the user journey.
- You autonomously drive progress through ambiguity, taking ownership for every last detail, every step of the way.
- You’re a conceptual problem solver who seeks to understand people’s needs, motivations and behaviors, and translates them into impactful results.
- You have the ability to mentor others to deliver work and bring strategy to life.
- You’re a champion for product quality and well crafted visual design.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.