About the Team
The Global Safety and Security team is responsible for advancing DoorDash through the protection of people, property, operations, brand and reputation. We manage safety and security risk and deliver value across the business through agility, technology, and a people-first approach. Our team strives to always be in front, and there for our people anytime, anywhere.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an experienced Manager, Global Security Services (Corporate) to help manage and lead physical security operations, programs, and initiatives for our corporate operations. You will work closely with the Global Safety and Security leadership team, Global Operations Center, Environmental Health and Safety, Workplace Strategy and Operations, IT, Human Resources, Legal, and other cross-functional partners to create an inclusive, safe, and secure environment for our corporate workforce. By tailoring and effectively implementing physical security policies, standards, and best practices, this role will directly contribute to shaping an industry-leading physical security function. This role requires very strong leadership under pressure, unwavering integrity, executive level communication skills, exceptional critical thought, an investigative mindset, and a very high bias for action and execution.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead, manage, and execute physical security operations across a growing number of geographically distributed corporate facilities
- Help develop, integrate, and oversee culturally attuned physical security policies, programs, procedures, standards, and processes
- Travel and be on the front line working hands-on to protect DoorDash
- Be responsible for tracking and regularly reporting operating metrics
- Manage physical security vendors, contract staffing, patrols, and ancillary services
- Drive business value through vendor quality, reliability, and cost reduction
- Be responsible for accurately modeling spend and maintaining tight budget adherence
- Coordinate and lead contract and in-house physical security staffing at corporate facilities
- Work directly with large and diverse groups of employees and workers
- Contribute to the physical design and implementation of security systems
- Produce and maintain physical security site surveys and risk assessments
- Oversee badging and physical access controls for corporate facilities
- Help lead the development and execution of an event management program
- Perform regular physical security audits of corporate facilities
- Help develop and maintain relationships with law enforcement and first responders
- Manage production and upkeep of Emergency Response Plans for corporate facilities
- Be responsible for driving localized emergency preparedness
- Manage recurring emergency response training, drills, and process improvement
- Partner with Incident Manager during emergencies to facilitate on-the-ground support
- Produce physical security awareness training and regularly communicate industry trends and learnings
- Be responsible for Global Security Services asset maintenance, repair, and tracking
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- You have 8+ years of security experience including 3+ years of security management experience
- You have exceptional leadership skills and the ability to motivate and influence team members and cross-functional partners positively
- You have experience working with access control and video surveillance systems
- You have managed corporate physical security programs, preferably at a tech company
- You have experience managing physical security vendors and budgets
- You have direct experience managing the security risks associated with diverse office environments
- You are driven with a strong bias for action and have demonstrated experience setting and achieving aggressive performance objectives
- You are outcome-focused and set time-bound and measurable targets for your teams
- You are resilient and able to adapt to dynamic and high-stress situations quickly
- You take radical ownership of your work and performance and can effectively give and receive performance feedback
- You thrive in fast-paced, demanding environments where you are often managing multiple priorities and forced to make decisions with limited information
- You have excellent critical thinking skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to forecast second and third-order effects of actions
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills, and are able to communicate at the appropriate level for a given audience
- You are a G Suite and Slack power user and are comfortable working on macOS, Chrome OS, and Windows-based systems
- You have a valid driver's license, and have AHA Heartsaver and BLS Certification; Instructor Certification preferred
- You have the ability to stay on your feet for several hours at a time, walk long distances, wear a mask and all task-specific PPE, and be exposed to all weather and conditions
- You can work any day and time as required and attend meetings and training outside of regular business hours
- You are able to travel as required including internationally without restriction, and are able to work independently and as part of a team
- You have military, intelligence community, or law enforcement leadership experience
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.